Monday, June 11, 2007

Pardon my appearance...

I am currently under construction.

 

The content of this blog over the next few days will be a little different as I chronicle my newest undertaking. A bunch of women I know have done this 6 day diet thing and have seen amazing results – so, of course, being the fucking lemming that I am, I’m gonna do it too.

 

Here is the lowdown – you have to eat small portions of certain foods 6 times a day according you’re your body type which you determine by answering some questions in the book. (I am a Type B, by the way)  Small amounts of lean protein (chicken, turkey, egg whites, and fish) plus a cup of veggies or some amount of brown rice. That is pretty much it, but you gotta drink 100 oz of water and continue working out.

 

I think I can handle that. Shit, I’m pretty sure I can do anything for 6 days. And I need to do this, for several reasons:

1) I don’t eat enough. I know I don’t. I think my body is constantly in starvation mode because I have no regular eating schedule and most of the time I don’t eat any meal but lunch. NOT GOOD. I hope this will help to get me into a better routine and kick start my metabolism. 2) I cannot fit into ANY of my shorts from last year. Ugh. I have been doing really well with taking care of myself lately but I need to see better results because I can feel my motivation draining. 3) the big three-oh is next week. If I can do anything to feel even a tiny bit better about that – I am going to do it. I am not depressed about turning 30. But I am disappointed in myself because I thought for sure I would have more, be more, done more, by this time in my life. So at the very least, I wont be disappointed in myself because my pants aren’t fitting well.

 

If this works well, there is an expanded 6 week program I might try. Why the hell not?

 

But I do intend to journal the diet because I think it will help to keep me on track, I have never been very much of a regimented person. And I am going to journal it here because I aint about to go and create another blog just for this.

 

Sorry if I bore you to pieces over the next few days with this. But, you know, this is my blog. Get your own if you don’t like it.

 

I’m kidding! Don’t go away! Please. I think like 4 people actually read here. I value each and every one of you. I promise to try to inject as much wit and humor into my posts as possible to keep you entertained. OK?

 

 

 

 

No comments: