Monday, August 14, 2006

Completely innapropriate and horribly attention seeking.



EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME!!
PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!





Very recently, my eyes have been opened to the fact that the title of this post describes me pretty darn well. I suppose those qualities have always been there, I just never saw it. People often describe me as outgoing, friendly, bubbly, and personable. But sometimes, sometimes, it can be TOO much.
I wonder what the psychologists say about people with attention seeking personalities. I could lay on a couch in an office somewhere and pay someone half my annual salary to analyze this. But I would probably just end up jumping on his couch, a la Tom Cruise, in an attempt to make him laugh and like me. I'm pretty sure that's what it all boils down to, a desire to be liked and accepted. People like people who are outgoing, friendly, bubbly, and personable right?

I mean, it's not a HUGE deal. I'm not killing puppies or anything. And I certainly doubt that attention seeking is a trait linked to psychotic or anti social behaviors (I am NOT going to Google that, I am NOT going to Google that) But the thing is, it bothers me. When I took a step back and looked at some of my behaviors, I honestly cant believe that people dont find me annoying. And it raises issues with other women when the attention I am eating up is coming from their significant others. And I wonder what my significant other thinks about me always striving to be the center of attention?

So what now? I'm sure Dr. Phil or Dr. Laura or Dr. Whoever would say that recognizing the issue is a good first step. I am sure some thoughful self analysis would be next. Honest soul-searching to find out why I have the need to be accepted. Truthfully, I am too lazy for that crap. I dont want to go back and explore my childhood and then decide to blame my parents. Can't I just promise to try to tone it down a bit? Will that be good enough?

I sure hope so.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

FIRST!!!!!!